Finding fun and affordable middle school classroom decor can be tricky. Your students are growing up, but in many ways they’re still young kids! We’ve come up with a list of ideas to help you get inspired to create a learning space you and your students will love (and deserve).
(Just a heads up, WeAreTeachers may collect a share of sales from the links on this page. We only recommend items our team loves!)
1. Welcome your students in perfect cursive
2. Receive endless compliments on your otter stapler
3. Start a dialogue
This bulletin board promotes healthy conversations among students.
4. Set expectations for kindness
These kindness posters are both cute and free!
5. Embrace your inner coastal teacher
Even if you teach in Kansas …
6. Experiment with flexible seating
7. Become a DIY wizard
Make a great desk with hairpin legs, a wooden board, and metal piping.
Buy it: Tall Metal Hairpin Legs at Amazon
8. Spell it out with balloon letters
Use these Mylar balloon letters to craft your own motto.
9. Customize your cart
Add a little flair while getting even more organized!
10. Update your library
Too many books (is there such thing)? Add some storage space!
Buy it: White Bookshelf at Amazon
11. Inspire with this poster bundle
We love the fresh graphics and colors in this beautiful set of mindset posters at Amazon.
12. Roll up a seat
Flexible seating can also be functional and fun. Check out other flexible seating options here.
Buy it: Stability Ball at Amazon
13. Share words of encouragement
Use cabinets and counter space to give everyone a boost.
14. Catch their eye with this vibrant periodic table
Who said the periodic table can’t be beautiful?
Buy it: Periodic Table Poster at Amazon
15. Highlight mental health
Open up an ongoing conversation about the importance of mental health with these decor ideas.
16. Math teachers, how bad do you want this math clock?
Kids start getting squirrelly around square-root-of-four o’clock.
Buy it: Math Clock at Amazon
17. Share some wisdom from important historical figures
18. How about an ombre wall?
Congratulations to the lucky souls who are allowed to paint their classroom walls.
19. You and your teammates need these giant 4-foot pencils
Check out this giant pencil and the rest of this Etsy seller’s shop too!
20. Create a relaxation nook
Life can get pretty stressful. Offer a space where students can decompress.
21. Make a DIY birthday cake pencil holder
See how the Craft Patch Blog made this impossibly darling (and functional) classroom feature.
Looking for more articles like this? Be sure to subscribe to our newsletters so you can get our latest picks.